Thursday, March 5, 2009

It all started with a phone call (and a grainy faxed, scanned picture)!

Two years ago today we got the phone call that changed our lives. We had waited 17 months since our log-in date to receive a referral and we couldn't believe it was finally here. (I can't imagine how the current families are waiting over 3 years!) I remember so well the phone call and how much I loved a baby in China that finally had a name, a place, a birthday, and a face - the most precious face I had ever seen! Happy Referral Day!

Here is the first picture we received of our sweet Caroline - it was taken in November 2006 when she was about 5 months old.


This picture was taken on March 5, 2008, one year later.


And these pictures were taken today, March 5, 2009.


I can't believe how much she has grown and changed. I sometimes wish for those baby days back and then I remember how much fun she is now. She keeps us laughing and wondering what she will do or say next. And to think that it all started with a phone call!

No comments: